Grandpa Junior died this morning at Merit Care Hospital in Fargo, North Dakota. It is a very sad day for the entire Vangsness Family. He suffered a heart attack on Wednesday night and just couldn't recover from it. Yesterday he was doing great, but I truly feel his wish was to be with Grandma Helen in heaven. What a reunion that will be.
Grandpa was stubborn. He knew what he wanted. He knew what he liked. He knew what he didn't like.
I wish I would have spent more time with Grandpa and I wish I would have called more often. I wish I would have brought my kids to see him more. I wish I would have had him tell me more about his life.
I can't stop the tears tonight as I write this. There are plenty of tears of sadness, but more than that there are tears of love--- and tears of joy-----and tears of peace. I am sure he would have liked that.
Rest in Peace, Grandpa. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment