Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today is..

Bennett was done with preschool on Tuesday, so instead of going to the center daycare, he is going to his 'old' daycare--Erin's. We love (LOVE, LOVE) her daycare. Erin's daughter Emry is about 6 months younger than Bennett and have been the best of friends since we started going there.

Yesterday was his first day back at Erin's and it didn't go as well as expected. Bennett decided because he is a boy and Emry is a girl they can't play together and he doesn't want to be her best friend anymore. I was very upset on the way home after I found out how he treated Emry and told him that if it didn't go better today I was going to find him a new daycare (and I was serious-- I WAS MAD.) He was crying, throwing a fit, screaming, etc. After he calmed down, I explained to him he had one day to prove he was a nice friend.

So....this is my conversation with him this morning:

Me: Bennett, time to get up for daycare.

Bennett: Okay, Mom! It is a nice day, right? (he is never happy in the morning....but today is obviously the exception)

Me: It will be a good day, Bennett. Let's get you dressed quickly--It is already 6:05 and you know we have to leave at 6:10.

Bennett: Mom?

Me: Yes, get dressed.

Bennett: No! Mommy! I need to tell you somefing portant ( which translate tosomething important)

Me: Okay, what?

Bennett: I am going to be a nice friend to Emry, I am going to play with her, I am not going to tell Emry no.

Me: That sounds like a great plan. We need to be friends with everyone at daycare.

Bennett: But, Mom?

Me: What Bennett?

Bennett: I will be nice, but I DON'T WANT TO MARRY EMRY!

Me: Okay, you don't have to marry her, you just have to be nice to her.

Bennett: It will be a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment