Here is a recap of my night. It was worse than having an infant!
9:00 All in the house is quiet. Well, except for Jerry and Bennett both snoring.
10:00 Larkin cries because she is cold.
10:30 I am FINALLY in bed.
10:45 Still awake. Can't fall asleep, afraid we are all going to oversleep.
11:00 Still awake. For those of you who know me well, know it never takes more than 5 minutes to fall asleep.
11:10 Jerry wants to know "what the heck all the commotion is in here"--There was none.
11:15 or so.... Finally sleeping
12:00 Bennett comes in crying. Wants to sleep with us. I roll over and tell him he can if he doesn't move. I should have added the "do not grind your teeth" clause.
12:20 Jerry rolls on Bennett. Bennett cries. Jerry swears.
1:04 Bennett is grinding his teeth. I carry him back to his bed. Lay with him for a few minutes to make sure he is 'really' sleeping.
1:30 Larkin is talking in her sleep. Total Jibberish.
2:14 Jerry: WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?
Me: What?
Jerry: Stop it now. I mean now. NOW.
Me: Okay, sorry.
Jerry: Yep, uh huh. Sure.
Pause........
Jerry: I ASKED WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
(I don't answer)
Jerry: WHAAAAATTEVVVEEEEERRRRRRRR
Me: Roll over Jerry, you are hogging my side of the bed.
Jerry: (NICE AS CAN BE) Oh, I am sorry. I didn't mean to.
3 seconds later..... SNORING.
3:30: Bennett is bawling. He informed me that he didn't move so I should have left him in our bed. Get him calmed down and lay with him until he falls back asleep.
4:00ish: Finally fall back asleep.
4:20: Jerry: What time is it? Did I oversleep?
Kelly: NO! Go back to sleep.
4:30ish: I finally fall back asleep.
4:46. Alarm blaring in my ear.
I no longer feel guilty for sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday.
Story Time – Part Two
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment