Thursday, September 16, 2010

sick...of hate

I believe everyone has their right to their own opinion.

What I don't believe is that everyone has their own right to hate.

I really, really, really want to go into a long rant about human rights but I won't because I don't have time. It is something that bothers me--that whites have privileges just because they are white. That Christians have privileges just because they are Christian. That the wealthy have privileges just because they are wealthy. That Americans have privileges just because they are American.

Please don't hate because someone doesn't look like you. Please don't hate because someone doesn't believe what you do. Please don't hate because someone doesn't have the amount of money you do. Please don't hate. Because for thousands of years we have hated and where has it gotten us?

Okay, I am done. For now.



No comments:

Post a Comment