As I sit here and write this, my cell phone alarm is going off somewhere in the house. And I can't do anything about it. Why, you ask? Well, that is the end to a veeerrrrryyyyyy long night. 4 crabby kids + 2 crabby parents = not good. Anyway we ended up playing musical beds (and this night is proof why I should never give up my bed....).
Mason wants to sleep in the basement and so of course Bennett does, too. Larkin decides she will sleep in her room and Alex and Jerry snuggle up in our bed to watch "Ice Road Truckers." Where am I going to sleep? Chair? Mason's bed? Bennett's bed? We know Alex's bed is out of the question....it is up much too high for me. I decide to sleep in Mason's bed.
Well, somewhere between 10:45 and 6:00 many events happened......including grinding of teeth, pushing, shoving, yelling, kicking, and turning from one end of the bed to the other. Larkin and Bennett both decided they needed to sleep with me in Mason's bed. I can handle all of that until...
6am--cell phone alarm goes off. It isn't next to the bed where I had put it. I get my glasses on and look under the bed. Nope not there? I am thinking where in the ^$$&*# could this damn thing be?!?!? Yes, I survey the scene and realize that it down the hot-air return somewhere between the boys' bedroom wall and the furnace.
It is no 6:54am. You probably don't want to call, text, or email cause there is NO WAY I am getting that phone. I thought maybe writing about this on my blog would help the creative juices flow and I would come up with a way to fetch it out of there.
Not so much. No creativity here today. So, really I have now wasted 56 minutes of Action Research writing. Awesome.
Story Time – Part Two
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment